Name and abbreviation of the test: URINE CULTURE U -BaktVi
A test to diagnose and monitor urinary tract infections.
About the test
You can give a urine sample at home or at one of our service locations. Please refer to the urine sample collection instructions below, which can also be found in the washrooms at our service locations.
You can collect a sample container and instructions for sampling from Fimlab’s service locations.
- Take a queue ticket from the “Samples taken at home and/or customer counselling” button.
- For some examinations, the unit that is treating you may provide you with the sample collection material.
- You can also find illustrated sample collection instructions via the link below.
- You can return the urine sample to the nearest service location without booking an appointment. Take a queue ticket from the “Samples taken at home and/or customer counselling” button.
- Please note that samples collected at home cannot be returned to Nopsa points.
Carefully read the illustrated instructions before collecting a urine sample.
Who will interpret my examination results?
The patient’s symptoms, any underlying health condition and the sampling method affect the interpretation of the culture result.
Please note that the doctor in charge of the treatment is always responsible for interpreting the results. Consult your doctor if you have any questions regarding the examination results.