Free-of-charge remote testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea from urine
You can order the test if
- you live in Tampere or Orivesi or are enrolled as student at an upper secondary school, vocational school, or adult education centre in Tampere or Orivesi.
- you have had unprotected sex, but you do not have symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. If you experience symptoms of an STD, contact a healthcare unit.
- at least five days have passed since you had unprotected sex.
If you are enrolled at a university or university of applied sciences, your service provider is FSHS.
The City of Tampere pays for the testing and is the data controller.
1. When can you use the remote testing service?
If you experience symptoms of an STD, contact a health care unit. If you have had unprotected sex, but do not have any symptoms, you can use the remote testing service. You can collect the sample yourself at home, and then post it to a laboratory for examination. Please note that at least five days must have passed since you had unprotected sex. NB: The remote testing package can only be used to detect chlamydia and gonorrhoea infections from urine. Remote testing is not suitable for detecting other STDs. If you suspect that you have an STD caused by some other pathogen or a non-genital STD, contact a healthcare unit. Antibiotics can also influence the test results. After a treated infection, the test can give a positive result for four weeks.
2. Order a free-of-charge remote testing package
You are required to verify your identity with your online banking identifiers or a mobile certificate. We will send the testing package by post in a discreet envelope.
The service requires secure authentication.
3. Do the test
Collect the sample at home and send it to a laboratory.
Read the sample collection instructions
4. Test results by SMS
We will record your test results in the patient record system used by the cities of Tampere and Orivesi and the Kanta Services archive. The test results are usually completed in 3–5 working days of the delivery of the sample. We will send you the results as an anonymous text message.
5. Interpretation of test results
If your test result is positive, contact a health care unit. If your test result is negative, but you suspect that you have an STD caused by some other pathogen or a non-genital STD, contact a healthcare unit.
Learn more about the interpretation of test results.